Tuesday, August 28, 2007

For the next two days Mars will be closer to our mother Earth - a mere 35 million miles away - closer than it has been in almost 60,000 years.

Mars is the Roman God of War. (Ares is his Greek name, although he was not popular among the Greeks [for obvious reasons and I know I am being prejudice here] - he was much more revered by the Romans)

So what does this all mean? This god of war closing in on our Earth mother? Could this explain why my life has recently been filled with extra turmoil and strife? Has anyone else felt the wrath of Mars? I wonder if this event will have any negative affect on our dear city, Detroit? Especially since the hub of our city lies within the Field of Mars; i.e. Campus Martius.


If I could, I would ask my Neanderthal ancestors how the close encounter with of the God Of War, back on September 12, 57,617 BC affected their life, their moods and relationships.






Well, I won't be holding my breath as I stargaze tonight (between 10:00 pm and 2:00 am) and fixate my eyes on the red-orange ball in the lower southern night sky. The Martians don't scare me . . .
Besides, Venus, the Goddess of Love (Aphrodite in Greek - and, of course, she was very popular among the Greeks) still shines brighter . . . making love, not war, the predominating influence.





Another celestial event to watch:


ALL EYES ABOVE - THE SKY IS ON STAGE

No comments: