Monday, November 20, 2006

Poetry, spirituality, and otherworldly experiences


My friend, mentor (I hope you don't mind, Stu) fellow writer and member of the Chesterfield Group; Stewart Sternberg http://house-of-sternberg.blogspot.com/ e-mailed me with some suggestions on blogging. I think they are helpful to all bloggers, especially newbies like me.

Stewart wrote:

I have a recommendation. You are probably getting more hits on your blog than your realize, but people are coming away discouraged because there are so few updates. My recommendation is this: Post to your blog at least two or three times a week. Narrow your topics...so far you have writing...maybe alternate this with personal experiences...and maybe add a pic or two.

Me? My postings are kept to the following subjects: writings (samples and discussion); my school and counseling experiences; things relating to the supernatural and horror; and the Tigers. These help define my blog. People know what to expect and come back with those expectations.

Peace

I realize that, although I write, journal, doodle, and blah, blah, blah . . . I simply don't post all of it because of the wide range of topics. I have no real sense of direction for my Cave of Pythia blog site. So, I birthed another blog site - Sacred Footing - to post my poetry, my spiritual journey, my intimate feelings and otherworldy experiences. Cave of Pythia will be dedicated to some poetry and some daily entries and my attempts at fiction writing.

So, if you are one who rolls your eyes at the idea of a madwoman's journey into madness, the unexplainable creative process, the ideals of love, ancient poetry, automatic writing, extra-terrestrial friendships, conversations with Saints and Holy Masters . . . Sacred Footing is not for you. Stay with Cave of Pythia . . . or not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Madness? Yeah...madness is dangerous and dangerous is always worth stepping into.

I look forward to your daily entries.

Michelle's Spell said...

Hi there, beautiful! I'm glad to see you again on the web -- I've got a lot of catching up to do, but I've loved what I've read so far. The topics are great and explored very honestly. love, m

Susan Miller said...

I've been out of the loop it seems and need to catch up. To this post I would say write whatever or don't write whatever.

For me the hardest thing is writing without censor. There have been times I have thought that it would be best if I was a bit more anonymous.

My blog is read by family and friends that know me so inevitably they could get the impression that something is more dramatically wrong or right with me. I'm fairly laid back in "real life" so early on I would get phone calls with someone saying, "Are you okay?" To which I would always reply, "Hell yeah, I'm great. Love this blogging thing."

They're learning and so am I. Thank you for sharing yourself in your blog. I think it's important for people to simply share.